Breastfeeding Together are a registered charity set up in 2015 for the advancement of health, for the public benefit, through the provision of information, skilled help and support for the advancement of health and wellbeing of children and families. We provide positive peer support to families from pregnancy through to early years and beyond.
Our Achievements since 2015
- We have recruited, trained and nurtured over 100 volunteers.
- Being awarded the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Services in 2020.
- We provide pregnancy, parenting and infant feeding support 365 days a year.
- We provide pregnancy, parenting and infant feeding support through pregnancy sessions, parenting sessions, pregnancy groups, infant feeding groups, 1:1 pregnancy & infant feeding consultations, supportline, parenting forum, live web chat, breast pump hire etc.
- We have developed and deliver four training courses: Breastfeeding Peer Support Level 2 & 3 and Breastfeeding Awareness Level 1 & 2.
- We have developed a range of information leaflets for families and health professionals to use.
- Since being founded in 2015 we have remained an independent Charity free from commercial and financial influence.
- We abide by the World Health Organisation Global strategy on infant and young child feeding, The International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes (WHO Code), UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative, The 1001 Critical Days manifesto and all relevant codes, policies and procedures.
The vision for Breastfeeding Together is to improve the health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities within communities.
We will work to achieve this through:
- Earlier intervention in pregnancy to enhance the outcome for all babies and children.
- Encouraging mothers, parents and families to make informed decisions throughout their pregnancy and parenting.
- Providing high quality services which are free or low cost and accessible to all.
- Providing new services to meet the ever-changing needs of the families who we support.
- Ensuring our high standard of service delivery is maintained and monitored.
- Ensuring services are as efficient and effective as possible to meet the needs of families we support.
- Promoting knowledge and learning and by building relationships with individuals and communities that lead to healthy outcomes for all.
- Providing opportunities including training and volunteering for women within our community.
- Ensuring we continue to be an effective and much needed organisation by seeking innovative ways of doing things differently to achieve the best outcomes for our communities.